- Prophecy(OT)     Daniel 4:1~70
RENOUNCE YOUR SINS
Key Verse: 4:27
1. Read verses 1-3. To whom did king Nebuchadnezzar address this testimony? What was the main point of what he wanted to say? What had he learned about God from his experience?
2. Read verses 4, 29,30. Before the events which he describes in this chapter occurred, what was King Nebuchadnezzar's life like? What was his attitude toward his life and his accomplishments?
3. What are the inherent spiritual dangers of a contented, prosperous, complacent life? (2 Sa 11:1,2; 1 Ki 11:37-38, 12:26-29, 13:33-34, 15:34) Think about God who opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble. (Jas 4:6; 1 Pe 1:24; 1 Ki 21:1-3,4-16,25-29)
4. Read verses 5-9, 18. Why did Nebuchadnezzar seek Daniel's help? Read verses 10-12. Describe the tree of the king's dream. Read verses 13-18. What happened to the tree? What was the dream's main message? (17)
5. Read verses 19-22. Why was Daniel perplexed and terrified? How does the tree symbolize the king? Read verse 23. What happened to the tree?
6. Read verses 24-27. How did Daniel interpret and apply this dream to the king? What did he advise the king to do?
7. Read verses 28-33. When and how did the dream come true? Describe the animal-man king. What does this reveal about fallen men? Read verses 34-37 When was the king restored? What did he learn?