"By faith Moses, when he had grown up, refused to be known as the son of Pharaoh's daughter. He chose to be mistreated along with the people of God rather than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a short time."
* THE FAITH OF MOSES' PARENTS (23)
1. What was the situation of Israel in Egypt? What was the decree under which Moses was born? (See Ex 1:8-22)
2. When Moses' parents looked at their baby with the eyes of faith, what did they see? (What didn't they know about God's plan for their son?) What did they do? (23) How could they overcome fear of the king?
3. How did God save their son? (Ex 2:1-10) What shows that they planted their faith in him? (24) What can we learn from Moses' parents about how to view our children and how to raise them?
* MOSES' DECISION OF FAITH (24-26)
4. Read verses 24,25. After Moses grew up, what decision did he make? What did he refuse? (Think about the privileges he must have enjoyed as a prince, and what he was giving up. Compare Ac 7:21,22.)
5. What did Moses choose? (25) What was the basis of his decision? What does this mean?
6. Read verse 26. What does this verse teach us about Moses' value system? What was the reward Moses was looking for? Why was it of greater value than the treasures of Egypt?
7. What was the result of Moses' choice? How did his life change after he made this decision of faith? What did he lose, humanly? What did he gain? In light of the Bible, did Moses make the right decision? Why?
* MOSES' ACT OF FAITH (27,28)
8. When the king sought his life, what did Moses do? What enabled him to persevere in the desert and overcome all hardships? How did he overcome fear? What can we learn here?
9. At the time of the Exodus, how did Moses challenge Pharaoh? What was God's final and decisive "act of God's judgment" on Egypt? (Ex12:12, 13) How did Moses challenge and protect his people? What did Moses believe?
10. Why was the Exodus such an important event in God's history? What were the Israelites like at that time? What was God's great purpose for them? (Ex 19:4-6) How did God use Moses' decision of faith? What can we learn from him?