“But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.”
1. Read verses 1-2. How did sinless Jesus fight sin for us? (3:18) How can we arm ourselves with the same attitude as that of Jesus?
2. Read verses 3-6. What do the pagans choose to do? What do God's people chose? (2) What do worldly people think about those who choose to live according to God's will? Why should we not be concerned about what people think?
3. Read verse 7-8. How must we live in these end times? How can we?
4. Read verses 9-11. How can we show real love to fellow believers? How should we use our house churches, our tongues, gifts? How can we glorify God in this?
5. Read verses 12-14. What should be our attitude toward painful trials and sufferings for Jesus? Why?
6. Read verses 15-16. How is suffering for Jesus different from suffering for our sins? What should we do when we must suffer as a Christian? Why? (17-18) Why must we be committed to Jesus and to God's people in the day of judgment?
7. Read verse 19. What must those who suffer according to God's will do? What does this teach us about God?