Key Verse: 10:8
"The Lord said to Joshua, ‘Do not be afraid of them; I have given them into your hand. Not one of them will be able to withstand you."
1. Read 10:1-6. Why was the king of Jerusalem alarmed? What did he do? When the five kings of the Amorites attacked Gibeon, what did they do? (What do these verses teach us about Gibeon?)
2. Read verses 7-15. How did Joshua respond to the Gibeonites' plea? How did God counsel him? Why? How did the Lord fight for Israel? How could General Joshua dare to command the sun to stand still?
3. Read verses 16-21. Where did the five Amorite kings hide? How did Joshua reveal his determination to win complete victory? What did he do?
4. Read verses 22-28. After destroying the enemy, what did Joshua do with the kings in Makkedah? How did he plant a spirit of victory in his fearful soldiers?
5. Read verses 29-43. How did Joshua deal with the southern cities: Makkedah, Libnah, Lachish, Eglon, Hebron, Debir? What was the extent of his conquest? (40-42) What did he do after this campaign?